Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Cloth Baby Book

What do you get a baby for Christmas?  I came upon this idea and really loved the way it turned out.  The individual pages are 8 inches square.  I sewed on the letters of Brady's name and embroidered the rest of the words on the front.
I didn't try to make all of the pictures the same size and I purposely didn't center them on the page for a bit of variety.
To put the pages together I sewed two pages side-by-side.  Then I put two of the sewn pages right sides together with a layer of quilt batting, rounded the corners, and sewed around the whole page, leaving an opening for turning.
After stitching the opening closed, I laid the pages on top of each other  (I had three layers of pages) and sewed through the whole thing down the middle.  I'm not sure my machine could have handled more pages.
I used Avery printable cotton fabric and printed the pictures with my ink-jet printer.  I was pleased with the quality.

I couldn't leave the back plain, so I put this little collage of pictures together like a nine-patch quilt block.

No comments:

Post a Comment