Sunday, August 7, 2011

Doll quilt--for me!

I've been in the mood to make some little doll quilts, partly because I "need" some.  Partly because it's a fun way to try out a new pattern without having too much time or money invested.  Here's the first of what might just be many.
 One of the especially fun things about this quilt is that some of the fabric
is from my dear former neighbor lady, Edna.  I bought a box of her
fabrics at her auction many years ago.  Some of the pieces were cut into
2-inch squares already, so that's the size I used.  

3 comments:

  1. Were these from Edna Wyse? I remember when we lived on Wilson St. she was always marking a quilt for someone! They were such sweet people. We loved living there and gardening at their house. Loved watching the cats trail behind Edwin on the way to the barn and seeing his pigeons! memories....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute quilt, did you hand quilt it then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Edna. You should see the amazing doll clothes she made me when I was little. They were played with a lot so some are in need of repair. What's funny is that some of the material I bought had scraps of the material the doll clothes were made from. I did hand quilt it. Didn't take long. So sad that you can't quilt b/c of your hands. I'm starting to feel some twinges once in a while and wonder if arthritis is coming on. My grandma had it bad in her fingers.

    ReplyDelete