Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I Spy bags

Since the grandkids were going to be on the road and in the air a lot this summer, I thought it would be fun to make some things to keep them busy.  So I made these I Spy bags.  I had fun finding miniature objects to put in the bags.  Then I sorted out the items for each of the grandkids and took a picture of them.   Then I printed the picture on fabric.
I made the bags out of fleece using a 7-inch square for the front and back.  I cut a square out of the middle of the front piece and sewed on a heavy vinyl to cover the opening.
I sewed the picture of the items on the back piece and then stitched the front and back together, leaving a small opening.  Then I added the objects and styrofoam beads and sewed the opening shut.
 At first, I added too many beads and the items were too hard to find.  After I took some beads out, it was much better.
I got the idea for the bags here.

No comments:

Post a Comment