Friday, February 21, 2014

So-easy strip quilt

This is definitely the easiest and quickest quilt I ever made.  I seriously finished sewing the quilt top in a couple hours one afternoon.  I had been collecting fabrics for a while, so all I had to do was cut them into different widths.  I was making this quilt for a twin bed, so I used the entire width of the fabric minus the selvedges.  Then I just laid out the strips and sewed them together.  I matched up all of the strips on one edge and then just trimmed the other side straight after all of the strips were sewn together.
 Then I added a little ric rac here and there.  I think I put trim on 3 strips.
 I hand-quilted in the ditch between each strip.  I love how it looks after it's been washed.
Oh, and I couldn't resist putting Sophie's name on the back, just for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment