Thursday, January 6, 2011

Colorful Bag

This is another bag for church.  I was given the blue dot material and looked quite a while before finding this fun print.  I used ideas from a couple different bag patterns to make this one.  I added three little pleats on each side.  It's lined with the blue dot material.  Once again, I wish I had made the handles longer.  Why do I keep looking at the same pattern to get the measurements for the length?  Rrrrrr.

Then I decided to make a fabric flower.  I keep seeing these on blogs and thought the bag needed one.  I couldn't find the directions for making the flower I wanted, so I tried to remember what I had seen.  It turned out pretty well, but I hope I can find the tutorial because I know it's not quite right.  I don't think this picture shows it off very well, but I like the way it looked on the bag though.  I used a covered button for the center.  Next time I will "mess up" the edges a bit, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment