Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ideas for repurposing these beauties?

When I was cleaning closets today, I found these handmade pieces that were passed down to me.  They have been laying in a drawer for too long.  I really want to make them into something useful or fun or just neat to look at.  If you have any ideas, let me know.

 This is a buffet cloth with beautiful embroidery in the corners.  And I love the crocheted edge.

 This is a full size quilt.  It has some dark spots that probably can't be removed.

And finally, there's this quilt top.  Not as old as the others.  I think I made it in the late 70s, as you can probably tell by the fabric and colors.  I hate to throw it away, but really!  

4 comments:

  1. i will take the 70's quilt if it's up for grabs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, it's yours. It's just the top. In other words, it's not quilted or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo...you made the star quilt? That's a lot of work. Glad to see that you have someone who wants it! I love the buffet cloth. Have you found something to make with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa, I keep thinking the buffet cloth could make a cute little skirt but haven't given it enough thought yet to get started. I put it on my stereo (yes, stereo!) cabinet for now. I just like looking at it.

    ReplyDelete