Monday, January 24, 2011

More bags?

A friend gave me lots of scraps of decorator fabrics, so I made her a little "thank you" clutch out of some.  It turned out so differently from the earlier fabric clutches I made because the fabric is so stiff.  It just looks more formal or dressy, I guess.  Not sure I like it as well.  Wish I would have made the strip narrower.  Really wish I would have made it into a ruffle.  But some things like that you I just don't see until it's all together.  Next time.
And another bag for the church project.  It's always interesting how these turn out because it all depends on the size of the scraps I'm given.  There wasn't enough fabric for a single color inside and outside, so I did a quilted piece again.  But this time I put it on the inside.  I think I'm happy with that choice.  Also, I thought the outside needed a little pizazz, so I added a narrow little dark strip.


And of course, the flower.  I keep working on making these less wonky, but so far, they still aren't very even.  I think this picture actually makes it look worse than it really is.  I hope!  I'll keep trying...

No comments:

Post a Comment