Sunday, February 10, 2013

Open wide bag

I'm in love...with these little bags.  The tutorial is here.  The zipper extends over the end, so they open up really wide.  And they are so easy to make.  I'm experimenting with some vintage material I was given.  We are trying to think of a project to make for benefit auctions and this may be a good one!  How could you not love this fabric.


 Some of my hexie supplies already found a cozy home in this one.
This one is smaller and has an old metal zipper that had been rescued from a long-forgotten garment and found in a great-aunt's sewing supplies.  And the flower?  Well, when I finished the bag, I noticed a flaw in the material right in front.  What to do?  So I made a patch with Steam-a-Seam and then plopped a yo-yo flower on top.  Don't you think this would be perfect for my tiny hexies?
(Don't tell "anyone" that I just ordered 25 metal zippers please.)

No comments:

Post a Comment